Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happening Again

Talking with one of my fellow co-workers for the past 24 years, until I got laid off in April, and he is telling me that they are gearing up for another round of layoffs soon.

They used the same spiel that they used when they laid me off.

"Bad management decisions and overseas competition."

What burns my ass is why aren't the people that made the "bad decisions" headed out the door along with the hourly employees that are losing their jobs??

It makes no sense to me how one company can buy another, have the same equipment, employees, accounts, (the only change was in management), and run it into the ground in 2 years, with 50 to 60% (maybe more since the're not finished) of the employees losing their job.

Unless that was their intention from the start.

No comments: