Thursday, August 11, 2005

Me, Myself and Irene

No not the Jim Carrey movie, but I'd really like to know what it is with Me, Myself and Irene.

The 1999 Hurricane Irene ran me and a friend off the coast from a long awaited fishing trip. We left during torrential rains only to drive home and find out that rain was the only thing North Carolina got out of the storm. The weather was beautiful at the coast the day after we got home.

Now we have another Irene threatening the North Carolina coast. Just so happens that our annual family beach trip to Emerald Isle is planned for next week.

Do we go or not??

Nobody saying anything right now but I'd sure hate to go down there and have to turn around and drive back in all that "evacuation traffic".

Go figure. Just my luck.

Just hope the bitch stays away from here.

And if I ever do get married again, her name will not be Irene.

No comments: