Thursday, September 29, 2005

Another Musical Weekend

Last weekends Blues Challenge was a huge success.

Mighty Lester of Raleigh were the winners and will represent the PBPS in Memphis at the International Blues Challenge in February 2006. They will also be on stage at next years Carolina Blues Festival and the Bull Durham Blues Festival.

Although not my choice for top band, the judges saw differently.

This Sunday, October 2, welcomes the Hurricane Katrina Benefit Concert with all proceeds going to the American Red Cross.

70 bands performing in 12 different locations.

Buy a wristband for $10 and see any band at any of the venues for one donation of $10. Great way to spend a Sunday and for a great cause.

Details here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there -

Lenny from Mighty Lester here... Just curious, who do you think should have won and why?

Take it easy...

Lenny

Inkslinger336 said...

Hey Lenny

Not dissing you guys--you were good and I enjoyed the show.

Just a little more horn and swing type music than I like.

Can't remember their name but I liked the band with the young guitarist, as I am a guitar freak and listen to Thackery, Michael Burks, Albert Cummings etc.

Don't take my comment to be deragatory of your band in any way. I'm sure you'll represent the PBPS well.

Anonymous said...

Oh no worries - I didnt for a minute think you were dissing us. Everyone has different tastes. I was just curious.

If you are a guitar freak then check out one of our full shows... I am sure I will give ya something to take home :)

Take it easy and have a Merry Christmas!